Saturday, September 30, 2006

Another Saturday Night.....

Saturday night, and I ain't got nobody. Well, I got the hubby, but the toddler in the way kind of kills any romantic thoughts =;)

I've started my first pair of socks, woo hoo! They are in Step yarn by Austermann. It was really swell of them that they included the metric conversion on their free pattern for us Americans. So far, so good, but I'm working top down so who knows what surprises are in store for me. I just have to know what the obsession knitters have with socks is. I want to be one of the crazys' who spend 20 hours knitting yarn that cost $20 or more into something so basic as a sock. I'll keep ya posted on how that goes.....

I need to work on my sweater too. I have no clue how people can do one project at a time. I'm already planning my next three! I'm looking for a sweater pattern for my 2 year old daughter. I think I'm going to do the placket sweater from "Last Minute Knitted Gifts". I kind of like Haiku from Knitty, but I'm still not sure. I love Sherwood from the new Knitty, but I don't know if I'm quite ready for that challenge.

Well, I should be off knitting right now, but I thought I'd leave you with a nice picture of the scarf I finished last week. It's with my favorite merino/tencel handspun to date, spun by Houndscroft Farm. The fall colors of it are amazing!

No comments: