Saturday, September 23, 2006

Hello out there!


Oh, the pressure of the first post. I am doing this blog because 1) I need yet another creative outlet and 2) somebody out there has to care about what I think. Either way it's satisfying enough to know I can get out some of the musings in my brain. Whether or not anyone reads it is another story =;)

Well, I'm on a roll. I am working on *multiple* UFO's the last two days. Knitting has really cramped my crafty style. For those that don't know, I *used* to be a fabric artist, but as of late all I want to do is knit. It is finally started to evolve, as I move past the simple hats and on to ~gasp!~ my first sweater.

I'm knitting the Sienna Cardigan pattern in the fall issue of IK. I'm using Lana Grossa "Soffice", which the sales lady at my LYS told me was new. It's 62% merino, 10% cashmere and 28% acrylic. Boy, do I hate acrylic, BUT it makes this machine washable. Not that I ever will. Nope, this sweater will probably be sealed up and put in a shrine somewhere when I finish it. Well....maybe I'll wear it just once. The colors of this stuff are gorgeous, it's a deep red that intermingles with deep coffee browns and grays for a subtle striping effect. I'll get a pic up soon, I promise.

The pic I added is probably the project I've been most proud of thus far. It's the "Droplet Hat" from "Knitting Nature" by Norah Gaughan. Such an amazing book. This hat took forever, she didn't mess around when adding bobbles. Now I am a bobble making fool!

Well, off to be productive. Have a great Saturday!! Drop me a line and let me know someone's out there!!

No comments: