Thursday, April 05, 2007

We're Bloggin'....I Wanna Blog it with You!!







I know I am so cheesy. This hat is so 'yah mon' I couldn't resist. (For those of you who are saying 'huh?', I am refering to the song Jammin' by Bob Marley. If you don't know who Bob Marley is....well that's OK.) A really fun quick knitted hat, pattern test knitted for Miss Kathy over at my Knit Talk yahoo group. I hope she thinks I did a nice job! The pattern was printed in a word document, so it was a nice surprise for me to see this is actually a 'tam' or beret type hat, depending on how you wear it. I had been wanting one, so here it is! The yarn is 100% merino, handspun by http://www.yarnrescue.com/, aren't the spring colors just great?? She's a really sweet lady who also makes super cute monster knitting needles. Thanks Kathy for a fun pattern!





I've also included a little swatch I made of the new 'Cotlin' yarn from KnitPicks. I am pretty happy with it so far, being relatively new to knitting and testing different yarns, I don't know that I am really qualified to give any advice.....*however*, I will give you my thoughts thus far. I has a nice, soft feel, you do have to pay attention while knitting with it, or you might drop a couple plies, there was virtually no difference in gauge or appearance after I hand washed/dryed it. There are little bits of plant material, which are pretty easy to pull out. I think it's a really nice yarn for the price. I'll post an update after my garment is done and has gotten some use. I'm knitting the asymmetrical tank from Norah Gaughan's Knitting Nature.

No comments: