Sunday, August 05, 2007

And then there were 3......

Here are the 3 cuties I am knitting for. They are my hubbo’s cousins’ babies, if you can follow that! I’m making up my own hat pattern for them, using Berroco Touche yarn, a lovely cotton/modal blend that is machine washable. I’ve learned how to knit jogless stripes in the round, after a botched first attempt. Thank-you Meg Swansen! Then I am using the ‘Hugs & Kisses’ cable (just two cable repeat) for the border. I really wanted to do the raglan decreases at the top of the hat, but I have three cables, so I did a triple decrease instead. Lastly, a duplicate stitch "C" for little Colin. I have 5 different colors, so they will all be different. I’m hoping I’ll have enough left over to make some matching booties. I really love this pattern I saw over at Brooklyn Tweed called ‘Saartje’s Booties’ (http://members.home.nl/tdpj/Patronen/Bootees/Saartjes%20bootees.pdf) We’ll see how much I have left over.

I really like the new IK for fall. Of course I love the Norah Gaughan pattern on the front cover; I’m getting to the point now where I just know it’s her pattern when I first see it. She loves those geometrical shapes! Also the Norah pattern in the new Vogue is just gorgeous! I’m sure it’s not quite as complicated as is appears. Can’t decide which one of those two I prefer (of the two swingy coat patterns).

Overall, I was kind of disappointed with the new Vogue. I only like one of the patterns in the ‘Top 10’, the one that was a sort of short cardi with circles in the back of it. I really like IK better, it has a homier feel to it. However, there was one pattern I felt like I wanted to knit in Vogue, the lace hoodie in the chevron pattern. I liked that a lot.

Anyway, we’re trying to stay cool over in the mountains of Western North Carolina today. It’s pretty darn hot. Sydney is sick so we’re trying to keep her happy. Hubby is kind enough to be grilling steaks so I don’t have to heat up the kitchen. I’m trying to sew handbags, but want to be doing other things. Like blogging!

Oh, I looked up my Ravelry spot; don’t you love how the link to that page is called ‘antsy’ and the end of the link? Too funny. Well, antsy me looked and is said I am #9,266, there are 1,539 people in front of me and 13,495 behind me. Only 33% of the list has been invited! Wow, that is going to be one big happy party in there!

No comments: